US$125000.00 - US$156000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Sr. Controls Systems Engineer with strong Delta V experience to join an industry leading automation business based in Sugarland, TX. This position is perfect for a Sr. Controls Systems Engineer looking for career progression with a growing company that provides a strong benefits package and collaborative environment.
B.S. Engineering or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Registration as Professional Engineer is desirable.
General Description: Manages or applies extensive technical expertise in the coordination of multiple, complex, non-routine projects involving the planning, design, reconfiguration, and alteration of control systems. Applies industry-wide technical knowledge in the development of new approaches to control systems design and engineering.
1. Must demonstrate the ability to scope and detail the subject system philosophy for large size projects.
2. Designs control systems considering personnel and equipment safety, operating ease and capital equipment costs.
3. Responsible for the engineering, design, and selection of the overall control systems.
4. Develops and recommends estimates, budgets, schedules and assists with manpower staffing requirements for project construction.
5. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with all client personnel and assist with the direction of staff and CAD resources.
6. Implements company standards, procedures, and tools.
7. Provides guidance, assistance, and direction to other engineers.
8. Must understand and apply all client and safety policies.
1. Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
2. Performs specialized technical work which may involve the development of systems engineering, distributive and/or computer controls of processes.
3. Establishes basic design and specifications for control systems and associated instrumentation.
4. Develops new control concepts as required.
5. Keeps the Project Manager informed of changes to scope and deviations from the contract Submits trend reports for change orders.
6. Has responsibility for all control system design work, such as installation drawings and details, loops drawings, logic diagrams, and vendor drawings.
7. Maintains close technical coordination with vendors and visits vendor shops if needed to exchange ideas and witness Factory Acceptance Tests.
* DCS graphics, database, and configuration (Honeywell and Delta V preferred, plus others)
* Familiarity with P&ID's, Logic Diagrams, Cause / Effect matrices, and Functional Narratives
* Test procedure development
* Cutovers/loop checks
* Startup assistance/troubleshooting
* Operations/maintenance training