Rate on application
3 days ago
Working within the Support Services team based in Yeovil and to be the prime focal point for Spray Bay Workshop activity. Responsible for the timely completion of all surface finish tasks at both operator and supervisor level as business needs dictate.
Main Activities and Tasks:
* Act as Spray Bay supervisor, maintaining overall supervision of personnel under their control.
* Ensure all personnel under their control wear the appropriate RPE and PPE at all times and adhere to all relevant COSHH Regulations.
* Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the Bay.
* Be aware of all potentially hazardous work processes and substances, ensuring all safety precautions detailed within COSHH and Risk Assessments are adequate, effective, understood and observed.
* Ensure Tool Control procedures are observed throughout the Bay (WMS OP 502).
* Ensuring all Hazardous materials is strictly controlled IAW current regulations (storage and waste removal).
* Maintaining control of all Tools and Equipment within the Bay ensuring all routine servicing is conducted in a timely manner.
* Supervise the custody and accounting of all Spray Bay stores, organising issues and returns in liaison with the WIST Storekeeper.
* Report all facility defects at the earliest opportunity keeping the WIST Support Services Manager informed.
* Carry out duties of the Building / Deputy Manager for the Spray Bay IAW Local Orders.
* Any other Aircraft support related tasks as directed by the appropriate Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Experience.
* A formal engineering qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
* Working Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, including COSHH. IT Literate with a working knowledge of MoD MF707 series of documentation.
* The drive and motivation to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplined team
* Be prepared to attend courses for personal development or business need away from site if necessary.
* Receive mandatory and continuation training as directed.
* Carry out any other tasks within their capability and experience in support of the contract.