Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
5 days ago
About the role / project:
Working on a portfolio of multiple projects across the West Coast South Route
* Manage proactively at project level within your area of responsibility, and be accountable for all required outcomes including disseminating lessons learnt in accordance with requirements.
* Manage and build effective relationships at project level to balance the requirements of the client, Network Rail and the industry as a whole. Champion the interests of clients, customers and stakeholders acting as the focal point for escalation within Network Rail.
* Prepare, develop and review project remits to confirm their viability. Work with stakeholders to establish a scope which optimises requirements, value for money, network availability, capacity for future development and whole life cost.
* Responsible for the development of the project plan and budget; working with the project manager to specify how the project is going to be delivered, expected milestones and associated timescales, resource requirements, risks & issues and funding needs/sources.
* Prepare business cases and investment papers for your projects.
* Implement and identify cost efficiencies and improvements to process within your projects. Effectively manage change through the formal control process
* Manage development of solutions which maintain the national railway 'business as usual' accessibility for our customers.
* Manage and challenge your project team (Sponsor and Deliverer) on the deliverability, agreed scope, stated timescales and cost parameters. Communicate progress against defined milestones and expectations to appropriate managers and stakeholders. Implementing contingency measures in place where necessary.
* Manage the negotiations with customers and stakeholders on the project's commercial and contractual terms in accordance with relevant corporate policy and strategy.
* Implement and comply with the requirements of investment regulations, other corporate governance and the GRIP process. Adhere to corporate processes, including those related to safety (including CDM), finance, legal and corporate affairs.
* Manage your team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet agreed performance measures. Manage the development, engagement, safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
Your experience will include:
* Rail -project delivery
* Network Rail governance
* Stakeholder engagement experience
* Experience of sponsoring projects