Up to £50.00 per hour
6 months ago
We seek a Combat Systems Engineer for a contract in Portsmouth on a 6 month initial contract.
This role provides governance and oversight of engineering decisions that affect QEC Mission System equipment.
The Engineer will undertake a defined range of engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, supporting the Mission Systems DTA, QEC Engineering team and other functions.
The individual will be able to apply a depth and breadth of expertise across the Mission System engineering domain to complex engineering problems, challenges issues and problems associated with the area. Designs and develops solutions, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of situations across the Mission System spectrum of equipment and systems.
They will hold a whole ship view and can contextualise Mission System design changes to provide technical advice and guidance to others relating to a Mission System engineering change.
Candidates should be well aware of the key principals and equipped to answer any questions relating to obsolescence risk assessment/obsolescence planning.
Have the required level of knowledge, understanding and ability in the technical areas listed below to enable the successful execution of the principle accountabilities of the role.
It is expected that the role holder shall have significant knowledge in some technical areas, shall have sufficient breadth of technical knowledge/ability to make sound engineering decisions in all technical areas and shall seek support from specialist engineers where necessary:
- Long/Medium Range and Navigation Radars
- Secondary Radars
- Electro Optic Sights
- Combat Management Systems and Tactical Data Links
- Air Traffic Control aids, including Precision Approach Radar, TACAN and Glide Path Camera
- Internal and External Communications (HF through to EHF)
- Local Area Networks - Secret Real Time, Secret non-Real Time, IPMS and Restricted
- Information Systems, including Aviation Mission, ISTAR, Operational Planning, Ship Administration and Air Group Management Aid.
- Obsolescence risk assessment/obsolescence planning
- In depth knowledge of wider combat systems engineering processes