£25.00 - £35.00 per hour
8 months ago
We seek a Technician / Engineer to manage the gas purge process that protects the scientific equipment that will be part of the spacecraft satellite payload.
The post holder will work from the operating parameters set for each equipment package and devise/set up the purge kit - initially in a clean room on site - and then a revised set up for transport of the package to the launch site. The post holder will monitor the purge process in transit and at the launch site up until launch. We expect candidates will come from the following sectors: Space, Aerospace, Scientific, or Medical. SHIFT WORKING WILL BE NECESSARY.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating and managing the nitrogen purge process for scientific equipment.
- Taking responsibility for managing the spacecraft purge supply through spacecraft test and launch site operation up to launch.
- Carrying out MCP bottle changes and set up of flow systems.
- Carrying out system flow checks in line with design specifications.
- Contact with nitrogen.
- Contact with flow meters and Swagelock equipment
- Contact with flight hardware.
- Working to MIL spec (defined military standards)
- Reporting to AIT Lead Engineer.ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in working with purge systems in a space/technical/scientific/medical environment
- Swagelock systems experience is a clear advantage