Up to £40.00 per hour
9 months ago
Our military and defence client in Stevenage, is looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer for the next 6 months.
A Spacecraft Operations and FDIR (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery) engineer is required to support the Operations & FDIR team leader to fulfil operations-related activities on a major Satellite project for which Airbus-DS is Prime Contractor.
Responsibilities will include support to the following -
Operations and safety synthesis
- Operational scenario definition and analysis
- Spacecraft operational constraints identification and analysis
- System FDIR consolidation and fine tuning
- Mission Operations timeline definition
- System TM and TC budgets
- Ground processing requirements definition
Project and customer interface
- Participation in project technical and progress meetings
- Participation to system and equipment reviews
- Provision of inputs to system progress report
System SW definition
- Provision of System Software Specification inputs to SW architect.
- Review of SW architecture, design and test documentation
Spacecraft User Manual (SUM)
- SUM preparation and maintenance
- Definition of nominal and contingency Flight Operational Procedures
- Operations and FDIR validation plan and corresponding test results assessment
- Support customer (Space agency) during System Validation Tests preparation and execution
- Provision of Operations Support during spacecraft AIT/AIV including system test definition and execution
- Supporting the operation centre during LEOP and commissioning phase (including the pre-launch simulation campaigns)
- In-flight performance verification and data analysis
- Previous experience of spacecraft operations preparation activities or spacecraft in flight
- Excellence in spoken and written communication
- Familiarity with the ECSS operations related standards, especially the Telemetry and Telecommand Packet Utilisation Standard
- Experience of interfacing with customer teams
- Systems Thinking
- Requirements Development
- System Architecture
- General Systems IV&V
- Lean in Engineering
Education & Training
The successful candidate will have a degree in a related subject such as engineering, physics or mathematics.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.