North West England, England
3 months ago
Manchester United Football Club are currently recruiting a Sous Chef to be based onsite at Old Trafford Football Club. The purpose of the role is to effectively manage all food production within all the kitchen operations within the stadium grounds on match days and non-match days, in line with specifications sheets, budgets, food safety management and legislation. The successful candidate will assist with the administration of the kitchen operation, ensuring that all areas meet with the legal and company health and safety requirements. They will also be responsible for the co-ordination of the casual chef and kitchen porter rota ensuring operational efficiency.
* To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
* To assist with the production of menus, ensuring that they reflect current trends, seasonal changes and service style.
* To assist managing the food stock in order to achieve the target gross profits, prevent losses, and ensure all current legislation is adhered to
* To recognise hazards within working areas and ensure systems are in place to control them.
* To organise and delegate the food production for Match Days and Non Match Days when required.
* To assist in the control of food wastage.
* To ensure that all functions and events within your remit are managed to ensure that culinary standards and budgeted targets are met on a monthly basis
* To ensure that labour costs within your control are managed or improved upon
* Ensure that food orders that you place are accurate and stocks are kept to a minimum.
* Where appropriate, make recommendations for developments in the operation that may improve the profitability. Implement and monitor these changes once approved.
* To ensure that all administration within your area of responsibility is completed.
* To accept and adopt any new MUFC Company policies, ensuring they are maintained.
* To liaise with the company's Environmental Health Manager.
* To ensure all legislation and codes of practice in relation to Health and Safety are adhered to, including the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992, Health and safety at Work Act 1974 and COSHH 1994.
* To assist in the monitoring and control of rotas, absence, holidays and sickness.
* To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
* Liaise and work closely with the Environmental Health Manager in developing, monitoring, reviewing, and updating Company Food Safety Systems
* Ensure that the Food Safety Policy is adhered to at all times and ensure that food safety prevails within all kitchen and related areas
* Carry out day to day duties and responsibilities in accordance with the requirements specified in the Food Safety Policy
* Rectify, as far as is reasonable practicable, any identified food hazards
* Carry out periodical assessments of all kitchen and related areas and monitor their compliance in ensuring:
* Food is prepared in a safe and hygienic manner;
* Food contamination is prevented as far as is reasonably practicable;
* Staff obey personal hygiene rules ie hand washing, protective clothing, reporting of infections/illness etc;
* Work areas are kept clean and any pest infections are reported
* All of the company's systems and records in relation to food safety are maintained;
* Food safety records such as delivery monitoring and temperature monitoring are kept and maintained
* Ensure that procedures in respect of stock rotation, date marks and day coding, health screening and hazard data sheets are followed correctly in all kitchen and related areas
Hours of Work
The employee is required to work 40 hours per week, on a flexible shift rota basis, according to the demands of the business.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Conferencing & Banqueting Management, from time to time.