Up to £14.11 per hour
about 1 month ago
Sourcing Officer; based in Telford; 12 months; £14.11 PAYE
We are looking to recruit a Sourcing Officer for a leading client within the defence industry. The Sourcing Officer is responsible for the sourcing of parts which have no defined route to purchase or contract, supporting workshop and authority requirements and assisting with low value purchasing activities. The jobholder will ensure the timely procurement of spare parts in line with business priorities, raise requests for quotation with the supply base and perform quotation analyses on the responses. You will also confirm suitability of the offer to enable the Buy Team to raise the order on the supplier.
We are looking for an individual with experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or a Commercial discipline, including RFQs, Supply Chain Management. You will be process driven with exceptional attention to detail and technical administration skills.
The purpose of this role is to provide, maintain and improve supply of consumable spares for the Authority and Workshops, to run RFQ processes in accordance with the EU Public Procurement Regulations (where relevant). The Sourcing Officer shall also manage their own platform/supplier-based activities, working with business stakeholders to ensure suppliers meet contractual commitments.
- Reporting on sourcing activities and adherence to planned delivery dates to the Sourcing Manager.
- Perform robust analyses of quotations from suppliers, taking into account price, lead time and quality requirements.
- Interaction and effective team working with the wider Procurement organisation including Category Management, Contract Let and Supplier Development
- Stakeholder engagement with members of staff/other functions and the wider community when required.
- Be able to read technical drawings to facilitate discussions with new potential suppliers.
- Provide regular feedback to the Workshop Supply Chain team regarding sourcing of alternative spares.
- Liaise with the Engineering function to obtain the correct approvals for the use of alternative parts.
- Provide purchase statistical information to management on request.
- Support any other ad-hoc tasks, as requested by management.
- Utilise and use the Authority and RFQ packs for quotations.
- Provide information to enable the maintenance and update business procurement dashboards
- Use of Internal IS, ERP and any other systems required and update where necessary
- Use of the Microsoft Office Package
- Run RFQs for goods and services to achieve key contractual and business targets in respect of Capital Equipment, Repair of TE, Calibration Services, Consumable Spares, Indirect and Corporate Procurements.
- Check planned orders within ERP system for demands and assess their importance in line with business priority directives.
- Drive value by actively assessing the Supply Chain and challenging requirements where applicable
- Commercial and cost negotiation with Suppliers to resolve issues and deliver value for money
- Identify risks during the process and escalate appropriately to ensure risk is managed and mitigated
- Maintain adherence to the Sourcing Processes and escalate roadblocks to the Sourcing Manager in order to properly manage any gaps in supply.
- Contributing to market analysis and continuous improvement of the supply chain to ensure a strategic understanding of the current supply market, potential future business and technological changes that may affect procurement strategy development
- Ensure all HS&E standards and policies are adhered to in accordance with the company values,
- Ensuring the security of all information and data
- Ensuring the delivery of compliant sourcing processes, whether subject to EU Regulations or not, that meet agreed and defined contracting strategies
- Effective application of the governance processes for Authority requirements for SS3, workshop requirements, Corporate requirements and Low Value Purchases within area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with all Trade Control requirements
- Timely delivery of sourcing requirements in accordance with customer and business requirements
- Ensuring that all Authority Dependencies are raised for reporting to commercial and decisions taken in accordance with company processes
- Provide input and guidance to the project team in determining sourcing strategies for all procurement activity within area of responsibility
The successful applicant will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition. You will have the ability to relate to both client and customer needs at all levels with respect to operational delivery requirements. Strong attention to detail is required along with commercial acumen and technical administration skills.
You will be qualified to CIPS Level 4 or equivalent and have experience of working in a commercially focused role.' Exposure to public sector contracting is desirable but not essential. Procurement or Supply Chain experience would be an advantage. A willingness to travel is also required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs