Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
30 days ago
A leading client in the Rail Rolling Stock Industry is recruiting for a Sourcing Data Analyst to be based at the client Oxley Depot in Wolverhampton which has excellent accessibility provisions. This position is for an initial term of 6 months.
About the role:
You will be reporting directly to the Sourcing Director and through your activities will have to interact with all members of the Sourcing Team located throughout UK&I as well as other Functions, mainly Supply Chain, Finance, IT etc.… You will also have to interact either by email or phone with colleagues based in France, Europe or India.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain UK & Ireland Supplier Approval form.
- To be the Sourcing single point of contact for internal supplier data issues.
- Build a database of Vendor contacts, the Finance Director of each company.
- Build and maintain a record of all supplier changes, the reasons why, and who in the company was contacted for verification.
- Save all documentation and correspondence regarding supplier changes and approvals to create new suppliers.
- Liaise with Commodity Managers in Paris where necessary regarding vendor matters.
- Ensure links to necessary documents are in place in our Sharepoint site.
- Update the design of Supplier Approval form as necessary.
- Support contacts with advice on vendor creation & approval matters.
- Review vendor procedures when necessary
Desired technical/knowledge and experience
- Extensive Experience in Data Management or MRP such as SAP
- People Skills and an ability to work well with others
- The ability to communicate clearly and unambiguously
- A sharp sense for attention to detail
- Excellent Computing skills (Windows, TEAM, Excel, PowerPoint