Up to £630.00 per day
0161 707 1516
3 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Solution Architect to be based in the UK, within the Shared Services, Enterprise IT Services (EITS) Strategy and Architecture team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining robust and cost effective solution architectures and designs to meet the business objectives and requirements of the customer, with responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose solutions in line with EITS standards and policies.
The successful candidate may work on multiple projects at any one time, depending on the breadth /
scope and under technical assurance and governance of the assigned Project Technical Authority. This role reports directly to the EITS Engineering Authority and will sit in the project architecture team. As a Solution Architect your main responsibilities will involve:
Defining the Solution Architecture and Design for the project to meet business requirements, within the project constraints of cost and timescale, and the agreed architectural and technical framework
Capturing the as-is application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects Defining the to-be application, data and technology architectures for the assigned projects Ensuring, and where 3rd party elements are provided, assuring, that the overall functional and
technical design of the solution is acceptable and fit for purpose
Liaising with the product suppliers, COTS component vendors and sub-contract development teams
Ensuring consistency and integrity of the solution implementation through overseeing the solution development process, and production of development work products
Providing design management and governance through the operation of change and configuration management activities
Working effectively with the Project Managers to support the development of the project plan, through assisting with the compilation, reviewing estimates and schedules, and identifying risks and approach to reviews
Engaging with customers, stakeholders and suppliers to develop solution requirements and solution design
As a Solution Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Information Systems / Engineering diploma / degree - or equivalent, would be advantageous.
* Proven experience in delivering IM&IT solutions together with associated architecture deliverables.
* Proven knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF.
* Understanding of the service lifecycle is advantageous e.g. ITIL.
* Hands-on experience with business and system requirements gathering / analysis.
* Proven experience in design, development, test and release of Information Systems.
* Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
* Knowledge of Wintel desktop applications and plugins
* Familiar with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Technical knowledge of a range of IM&T business systems from ERPs through procurement to supplier management.
* Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Very good written and oral communication skills.
* Architecture and technical support documentation skills.
* Understanding of IM&T / software development lifecycle (including methodologies e.g. Agile)
and associated reviews, policies, standards and governance processes.