Software V&V Engineer (x2)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Inside IR35, competitive Umbrella company rate on offer
The successful candidates will be working as part of a dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies. You will work as part of a small team and be empowered to work individually with little supervision.
- Integrating and testing embedded and test code for software based defence applications
- Producing test requirements & test scripts for unit, subsystem and system level testing on both host and target platforms
- Running tests, analysing results and using target test facilities such debuggers, probes, logic analysers and oscilloscopes
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Significant previous proven ability with developing and testing embedded software
- The specification of the design of the embedded code uses UML and familiarity with an OO approach is essential
- Extensive knowledge of test tools and techniques in both host and target environments
- Proven ability in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS
- Previous knowledge of developing and testing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).