Up to £45.00 per hour
5 months ago
Software Test Engineer
Location: Stevenage, UK | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: £45.00/hr
A vacancy exists within a multinational Aerospace and Defence company for a Software Test Engineer to generate test systems capable of carrying out both proof-of-design and performance tests within a world leading high-tech digital processor product business-line.
The digital processors designed within this division of my client are used in several of the most advanced telecommunication payloads currently in orbit, and the ability to test these complex systems relies on a wide understanding of both the RF and digital electronics that constitute the designs.
The role holder will be expected to work within product teams to capture design information, discuss and agree procedures for testing at all stages of assembly and ensure that all work is sufficiently defined to allow accurate cost and scheduling data to be generated.
The core duties of the role holder will be:
- Software Design and Debug;
- Automatic Test Procedure generation;
- Hardware/Software Integration and Debug;
- Test Validation and Design Proving;
- Design and Software Control (versioning, documentation, technical reviews);
- Working efficiently within a dedicated Test System design team; and
- Support of test activities leading to unit delivery.
- Proven ability in software design and implementation, especially in the context of a test application;
- Fluency in several software languages (ie C/C++, Java, Python);
- A proven track-record in a product "Design and Test" business environment;
- Understanding and practical application of RF test & measurement equipment (including the use of programming interfaces);
- Proven ability in Software/Hardware Integration and Debug; and
- Commitment to delivering technical reports as required by the project team.
- Proven ability within a product manufacture and test domain;
- Knowledge of digital electronics design and manufacture (schematic capture, PCB, FPGA/ASIC, power architecture); and
- Knowledge of SQL and database applications.