Up to £40.00 per hour
8 months ago
Software / Firmware Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £40 Per hour
A versatile software/ firmware engineer is required to join a studies group working on advanced programmes for satellites ground systems.
The candidate must have customer facing abilities, as the position entails technical exchanges and meetings with the European Space Agency (ESA), System Prime and Subcontractors.
The candidate must have strong skills of software and firmware development over the complete lifecycle from requirements capture, development, integration, testing and support. This job will include the definition, prototyping and evaluation of new applications within the GNSS domain.
- Requirements analysis and functional decomposition.
- Technical analysis of system design
- Software & Firmware Development
- Signal Processing
- Platform definition and evaluation
- Delivery of incremental systems design.
- Performance budgeting
Skills / Proven Ability / Knowledge
- Systems engineering
- Firmware & Software architecture (proven ability as a lead designer on a software system) including SDR
- Proven ability of firmware including VHDL
- Proven ability with several of the following: Python, C, C++, VHDL, CUDA, Matlab
- Requirements engineering
- Hardware platform specification including interfaces
- Ability to be SC cleared (UK national preferred)
- Formal approach to documentation
- Working knowledge of satellite systems and ground infrastructure including GPS and Galileo
- Knowledge of Networking including Ethernet, USB
- Knowledge of test environments including RF test equipment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL)