Up to £10.45 per hour
5 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Software Renewals Co-ordinator to work for BAE Systems in Preston. The jobholder for is responsible for obtaining quotations to renew support contracts for software licenses, seeking budgetary approval for them from Business approvers and raising / issuing the required purchase order. This role requires working alongside other team members, will require interaction with suppliers as well as other contacts within wider Business Areas of BAE Systems.
- Reviewing the renewals database and acting accordingly when support agreements are expiring
Leading the interface and gaining budgetary approval from all allocated business unit(s) for software renewal requirements
- Liaison with business users to agree future requirements in accordance with software renewal contract timescales
- Ensuring WBS codes exist against each SMPT record and align these for Finance reconciliation
- Issuing Request for Proposals to suppliers and managing the quotation process accordingly
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve cost effective agreements that will contribute to the overall reduction of software spend
- Raising and placing purchase orders on suppliers
- Keeping abreast of any up to date information relating to strategic contracts by liaising with Procurement Strategic Leads
The successful candidate will have good Excel and all round Microsoft office skills. Experience of using Coupa / SAP is desirable.
Knowledge of the Software Asset Management lifecycle.
Knowledge of procurement processes / systems / principles
Knowledge of ITIL best practices for Service Delivery.
Knowledge of IT Asset Management (ITAM)
Experience in using SAM toolsets e.g. Scalable, Service Now Asset Manager module is desirable
SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong relationship building capabilities
Very good written communication skills - ability to present ideas in a user friendly language.
Ability to work with and influence people at all levels in the organisation
Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem solving abilities.
Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal supervision.
Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
Strong commitment to provide a quality customer service
Ability to challenge existing thinking to optimise current processes
Confident making decisions and managing conflicting demands under pressurised conditions
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Administration; filing; e-filing; GDPR; secretarial; data entry; data input; Excel; Word; Outlook; Access; MS Office; booking system; business support; database management; diary management; minute taking; document control; Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing