Up to £44.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Could you develop systems to operate from the Stratosphere?
Could you create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network?
Want to work on the next generation of Military IT systems?
Would you like to be part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with an advantage?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who can also turn their hand to support the systems engineering team as we iterate through the various engineering lifecycle phases, including:
* Requirements Specification and Management
* Software Design and Development
* Integration and Test
* Verification, Validation and Acceptance
As one of the more experienced members of the team, you will be expected to:
* provide leadership in the software engineering approach
* offer innovative solutions to requirements and technical challenges
* lead activities and teams
* conduct coaching of less experienced engineers
* deliver procedural and technical guidance and rigour
* execute tasks proactively and independently
* facilitate decision making across the team
Your existing skills and qualifications as a Software Engineer (with the ability to flex across Systems Engineering activities) should ideally include a number of the following:
* Readily picking up different programming languages and experience of Python, Java, C#
* Software for Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs)
* Software for secure environments
* Management/Control Systems
* Networks and Security
* Configuration Management
* Technical documentation
* Modelling and Simulation
What were looking for in you:
* A can do attitude
* You take responsibility for personal and team delivery and deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
* Self-organisation and good time management
* You are innovative and able to drive improvement
* You embrace learning and have the potential to take on increased responsibilities and progress within the organisation
* Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.