Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire
Up to £44.00 per hour
2 months ago
X2 Software Engineers are required to support the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems (ATSS) developing simulation products in support of aircrew training for Fast Jet aircraft. Utilising Agile Development Processes and Techniques, the work will typically involve production of software design and code through to integration testing and support. These simulations are written in Ada and C++.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of Aircrew Training Simulation Systems related product deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools / techniques.
- Familiarity with UML, Artisan or similar software design tools/methodologies.
- Knowledge of a High Level Programming language e.g. Ada, C, C++
- Knowledge of Software Development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT), VisualStudio.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Fast Jet avionic software design and development
- Software specification, development and clearance of flight simulators.
- Avionic software design and development