North West England, England
£45.00 - £48.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our client delivers a state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International companies. They are seeking Software Engineers on a 6 month contract basis to support their team.
Successful applicants will be key members of the Software team based at the site in Cheadle, Manchester.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Acoustic processing Software products, using industry standard tools and methods.
Technical Skills / Proven ability
- A solid foundation in computer science / Software Engineering
- Proficient programming skills, with proven ability in C and/or C++ languages,
- Proven ability of linux environments
- Proven ability in the full software lifecycle
- Awareness of Software configuration control principles
- Awareness of real time constraints in software development
- Awareness of UML modelling
- A knowledge of Signal processing/algorithm development
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Full lifecycle software engineering tasks; incl. requirements elaboration, software design and development, test procedures, Software configuration
- Working with Systems Engineering to develop requirements and a test strategy
- Signal processing software /algorithm development
- Develop systems by working as a key member of a project team to deliver a high quality, robust software deliverable that meets customer requirements, on time and within budget
- Working with customer support functions to ensure that currently deployed software products are maintained on both land and at sea
Due to the sensitive nature of the clients' products all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).