Up to £44.00 per hour
3 months ago
Software Engineer (x4)
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £44 per hour LTD
The successful candidate will work as a software engineer within the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems (ATSS) Software Development Team, developing simulation software for a number of Training System products. The role involves applying the whole software development cycle from requirements capture, design, code and test. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of software engineers developing simulations written in Ada and C++.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work effectively as a Team member within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Communicate effectively. identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification, feedback and passing on guidance/tuition to team members with less experience.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
The successful candidate will ideally possess a number of the following skills:
- Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools/techniques
- Familiarity with UML, Artisan or similar software design tools/methodologies
- Knowledge of a High Level Programming language e.g. Ada, C, C++
- Knowledge of Software Development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT), Visual Studio
- Previous knowledge of the Typhoon avionic software design or proven ability of software development for flight simulators, would be beneficial
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).