Up to £40.00 per hour + hourly negotiable rate
9 months ago
We are seeking an ON-BOARD SOFTWARE VALIDATION ENGINEER for a 10 month contract in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
The successful candidates will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic development group working at the centre of embedded software development on one of the client's exciting Space missions currently under development.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with good ability in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
SW Validation Role Tasks
- Developing test procedures, execution, debug and formal results preparation.
- Anomaly investigation, including liaison with software designers and requirements authors.
- Inspection of peer's test procedures versus applicable technical and process requirements.
- Configuration & administration of updated test software
Skills / Proven ability
- Proven ability of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process. (real-time embedded Software engineering domains - design, code/test, integration, validation)
- Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost)
- Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented)
- Good communication skills in English (verbal & written)
- Proficiency in formally validating software against baseline requirements
- Java programming;
- C coding;
- Linux scripting skills
- Proven ability in the satellite/space, avionics or similar industry.
- ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
- ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
- MIL-STD 1553B, and/or spacewire.
- Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
- Microsoft Windows 7; Linux Red Hat 4.x