Up to £44.00 per hour
4 months ago
Software Engineer (Training Simulations)
Duration: until April 2021
Rate: £44 Per Hour
This role will be working on the creation of simulation software representing Fast-Jet subsystems for aircrew training simulators. The role is likely to be primarily focused on the armament control systems. You would be involved in design & coding phases through to integration testing and support.
Proven Ability / Skills / Knowledge
- Proven ability in at least one High Level Programming language (C, C++, Java, Ada etc.)
- Familiarity with the software design of existing Fast-Jet systems would be beneficial.
- Software development for flight simulators, or modelling complex system behaviour.
- Knowledge of Fast-Jet weapon bus and the weapon types fitted to existing Fast-Jet.
- Knowledge of simulator data interchange protocols, DIS/HLA and simulation synthetic environments e.g. VR Forces.
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process.
- MIL-STD-498, LCM (Lifecycle Management).
- Comfortable working in an environment using configuration control tools such as Dimensions or Rational ClearCase.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).