Up to £44.00 per hour
3 months ago
Software Engineer (Training Simulations)
Duration: until April 2021
Rate: £44 Per Hour
This role will be working on the creation of simulation software representing Fast-Jet subsystems for aircrew training simulators. The role is likely to be primarily focused on the armament control systems. You would be involved in design & coding phases through to integration testing and support.
Proven Ability / Skills / Knowledge
- Proven ability in at least one High Level Programming language (C, C++, Java, Ada etc.)
- Familiarity with the software design of existing Fast-Jet systems would be beneficial
- Software development for flight simulators, or modelling complex system behaviour.
- Knowledge of Fast-Jet weapon bus and the weapon types fitted to existing Fast-Jet.
- Knowledge of simulator data interchange protocols, DIS/HLA and simulation synthetic environments e.g. VR Forces
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process
- MIL-STD-498, LCM (Lifecycle Management)
- Comfortable working in an environment using configuration control tools such as Dimensions or Rational ClearCase.
- Work effectively within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Communicate effectively. identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification, feedback and passing on guidance/tuition to team members with less experience.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Air and Ground Training Quality Management System.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of Air and Ground Training related product deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Understand and comply with company policies on security, IT facilities, operating procedures, absence and attendance, staff job time recording, health and safety and business ethics.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.