SOFTWARE ENGINEER Mission Systems Simulation - CONTRACT 3 MONTHS+ - 50% HOME BASED & 50% CRAWLEY BASED (When you need to be with the Hardware)
C++ Software engineer sought to undertake the simulation of various systems and the target vehicle platform which may be an Aircraft platform Fixed Wing or Rotary, a Land Based vehicle platform or a Naval platform. You will be simulating systems such as Radar, Electronic Warfare EW, Friend or Foe, Data Link Terminals (DLT), Electro-Optics (EO), Ground Mission Planning Systems Support, Maritime Sensors (Sonar, Acoustics, MAD), Mission Computers Support, Signal Attenuation, Stores management or terrain interrogation (TINT). You will work as part of a Software development team, alongside the System engineering team, integrating with stakeholders from the wider programme community.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of a team, undertake the specification, design, implementation, test and integration of software in line with required standards.
- Capturing customer requirements, and in the absence of clearly defined specifications be able to understand the customer's underlying goals in order propose software requirements.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers to understand their needs.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Working knowledge of Aircraft and/or Land / Naval Mission Systems.
- Simulation architecture and systems knowledge e.g. DIS HLA
- C/C++ programming C++ being the primary language.
- Equipment interfacing message formatting, time-sensitivity, inter-dependencies, etc.
- Have solid Simulation, Integration & Testing skills.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITY
- Analytical knowledge of industry standards, such as ARINC 429, AFDX, CAN.#
- Real-time programming.
- Avionics systems relating to Aircraft