Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £50 per hour
8 months ago
Software Engineer (Synthetic Environments)
Duration: 6 Months initially
Rate: Circa £50ph LTD
A Software Engineer is required during the Development & Integration phase of a simulation project for a helicopter-borne naval surveillance and tracking system. The primary focus of the role is on the Tactical Environment.
- Undertake the specification, design, implementation, test and integration of software in line with required standards.
- Capturing customer requirements, and in the absence of clearly defined specifications be able to understand the customer's underlying goals in order propose software requirements.
- Interface between the software design team and the systems IVVQ to traceable validation of software and system requirements.
- Ability to interact with customer to understand their needs.
Technical & Professional Skills
- C++ Programming.
- Real-time software programming.
- Demonstrable ability in software analysis, design, test, and validation.
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Proven ability in Windows environment.
- Knowledge of aircraft, ships, and land vehicles, including their systems.
- Proven ability with software and simulation architectures, knowledge of HLA would be highly desirable.
- Proven ability with Computer Generated Forces (CGF).
- Knowledge of Tactical Datalinks (ideally Link-16).
- Knowledge of Python, JSON, UML, DIS.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must hold or be eligible for UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).