Up to £52.27 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client BAE Systems require a contract Software Developer at their site in Barrow, for a Principal Engineer - Software Instrumentation & Calibration position.
The Software Developer will be responsible for electronic and software instrument development and maintenance of current instrumentation systems. This will involve working with various instrumentation systems including radiation monitoring.
This role will provide the opportunity to develop bespoke instrumentation solutions to support the construction of a unique product.
- Supporting, developing and maintaining bespoke software and electronics instrumentation systems
- Working within a team to design new systems, software, circuits and devices or develop existing technologies
- Writing requirement captures, specifications, and technical reports
- Performing obsolescence reviews on existing instrumentation software and electronic systems
- Following quality processes for project planning, configuration control and acceptance testing for development of instrumentation
- Producing acceptance test documentation in support of developed software
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability of programming in C, C++ or C#
- Knowledge of database development and use of the SQL language
- Proven ability with development of firmware for microcontroller-based solutions
- Proven use of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of digital electronics
- Knowledge of system development methodologies and techniques (including requirements capture and analysis, planning, design, implementation, and acceptance testing).
- Knowledge of system and software quality processes and standards
- Knowledge of software configuration control
- Knowledge of Engineering Life Cycle Management
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).