Up to £50.78 per hour
4 months ago
Software Engineer/Architect - C++
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: Up to £50.78 per hour
Closing date for applications: 12 Nov 2018
A real-time embedded software engineer with strong architecting skills is required in support of defensive aids development programmes within the Electronic Warfare business. You will work as part of an established software team with responsibility for the design and implementation of the software technical solution, ensuring development teams follow agreed technical architecture and development methodologies.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge
- Real Time Embedded development using a Real Time OS (RTOS).
- Practical development skills in architecting Real Time Embedded software solutions.
- Knowledge and implementation of SOLID design principles and recognised design patterns to increase re-usability.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Proven ability of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture and requirements definition.
- Knowledge of the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
Key responsibility areas
- Specification, design, coding and testing of complex real-time embedded software in C++.
- Production of mission critical quality software, to high integrity levels, company standards and customer requirements.
- Function as part of a team including support, development, peer reviews, etc.
- Maintain schedule adherence with specific focus on cost, quality and delivery to time.
- Reporting of progress, highlighting risks, opportunities and dependencies.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
This role requires access to UK Caveated information, all candidates will be required to hold either sole or dual UK nationality.