Manchester, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer / Developer to join our Engineering client.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the production of world leading training simulators for the civil aviation, defence, rail and other industries.
You will be involved in the whole life cycle of the product from developing specifications through developing and debugging systems to acceptance testing, delivery and installation.
You will be responsible for developing the software for a variety of projects and products, and across a wide spectrum from Windows based Graphical User Interfaces and Linux Systems, through Real-Time Control and Simulation to Hardware Interfaces, on a variety of platforms from PCs through Industrial Control Systems and PLCs to DSPs, micro controllers and Raspberry PI.
- Undertake the conceptual development of the software and promote ideas within the bounds of the specification.
- Review the software environment and specify the most appropriate software technology.
- Develop software in accordance with the agreed framework and modules of the requirement.
- Document all stages of development using appropriate tools to ensure that the software can be reviewed and modified with a 3rd
- Test software modules against the functional specifications and document results and non compliance.
- Demonstrate verification and compliance following modifications and software debugging processes.
- Maintain all software files in good order and ensure the data is securely backed up along with all associated documentation.
- Assist the development of software procedures and standardised ways of operating.
- Prepare software for demonstration, authorisation & approval by the Project Manager.
- Manage software development within the budget and programme parameters of the contract.
- Instigate value engineered and innovative software design solutions.
- Provide the necessary information, brief and guidance to instruct conceptual and software development by other programmers.
- Review and check and approve all software produced by other programmers.
- Attend project and progress reviews to identify pertinent issues and required actions.
- Provide the required level of post contract support to the Client in relation to post design support
Ideally, we are looking for applications from people with experience in the following:
- Linux experience including shell scripting
- PHP, HTML, JAVA Script, CSS, JASON
- C#, C++, C (including embedded C)
- Open Scene Graph or similar graphical simulation tools
- Experience with PCs (both Windows and Linux), Raspberry PI and embedded micro controllers.
Desirable: An appreciation of general engineering principles and practices would be an advantage.