Up to £45.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client is currently looking for a Software Real time Simulations Engineer or Hardware in the loop Engineer to work on a contract basis at their Stevenage site. They are an established Defence and Space business and one of the world's leading providers of satellite technology and products.
The division this role is within provides a central competence for Simulator development, on-board software testing & engineering software product development for spacecraft platforms, payloads and equipment.
The simulator domain are developing and maintaining real-time simulators for use on test benches with hardware in the loop for the functional validation of satellites. In Stevenage, where this role is based, the simulator team supports Earth Observation, Navigation & Science missions.
- Verification of the Guidance Navigation and Control algorithms and performance in closed loop,
- Development and validation of the on-board SW and AIT procedures,
- Validation of the spacecraft functional chains and subsystems HW/SW interfaces during the AIT campaigns.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability within Hardware in the loop or Real-Time simulations
- Working with legacy software
- Real time systems
- Version control (branching, merging, vendor branch etc)
- Hardware / Software integrator
- Experience/understanding complex software design/architecture
You will be required to demonstrate understanding and ability in the above and confidently talk about this at interview stage.
Other skills sought:
- Customer facing skills
- Problem solving and logical thinking
- Good verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, does not need to be given instruction in order to resolve technical issues
- Most importantly…asks why and can offer solutions.
- Knowledge from a Space / Aerospace / Avionics background is advantageous.
This project will involve international deployments to France and Germany, other sites in the UK and occasionally other sites across Europe for short periods of time.