£44.00 - £45.00 per hour
19 days ago
Software Engineer (Satellite Onboard Production)
Stevenage - 6 month contract - Pay rate £45 p/h Ltd
The Engineering technical unit for Data Processing & On-Board Software is a multinational group with sites in UK, France and Germany. The function of the technical unit is to provide a central competence that supports the evolving needs of the business, working on space systems, satellite platforms, payloads and equipment.
As part of the UK's Data Processing & On-Board Software department, the successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic development group working at the centre of embedded software development for some of the most exciting Space missions currently under development, including ExoMars Rover, and Solar Orbiter.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with proven ability in embedded software development. You need to be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to apply your excellent software engineering skills to the ever changing and exciting world of Space. Being at the forefront of Space exploration through working on the very latest Space missions provides a unique and challenging opportunity for you to contribute to, and make a difference, in one of the largest growing areas of scientific discovery.
- Software detailed design.
- Code and unit test activities.
- Software integration activities.
- Supporting software validation testing (when applicable).
- Developing validation tests that exercise & prove adherence to requirements.
- Analysing/debugging non-conformance.
- Proven ability of Real-time embedded software engineering lifecycle process across design, code, test, integration & validation.
- Proficiency in ANSI-C-code development / unit-test / integration.
- Software process oriented. Disciplined & quality mind-set (on-quality, on-schedule, on-cost).
- Excellent software problem solving skills - diagnostic approach (solution-oriented).
- Excellent knowledge of RTOS for real-time embedded systems (real-time multi-tasking).
- Development environments & methodology (e.g. Cygwin, UML, HOOD).
- Formal software development & validation.
- Production of detailed design specifications.
- Proficient use of debuggers (gdb etc.).
- Configuration and requirements management using Clearcase, Clearquest, Reqtify, DOORS or similar.
- Knowledge gained in the satellite/space, avionics or similar industry.
- ECSS software engineering standards (Q-80B, E-40).
- ERC32 / LEON / SPARC processor.
- MIL-STD 1553B, and/or spacewire.
- Data transport packet protocols (CCSDS).
- Good appreciation of Spacecraft systems knowledge (electrical systems; thermal sensors & actuators; propulsion technology; navigation sensors, algorithms and other instruments.
- MISRA standards.