£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
6 days ago
Noveum are a privately owned technical solutions provider for industrial and highly technical engineering environments. Their customers largely operate within nuclear and defence sectors.
They are a very experienced team, but in order to facilitate their growth, they require new blood and as such, they are looking for graduate Software and Hardware Engineers, who have 2-5+ years' experience under their belts within a similar role within a technical/engineering environment.
Within the role, you will responsible of designing and implementing complex Automation, Safety, Material Tracking and Industrial Cyber Security Systems for an important client.
Based in Staffordshire, they are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a variety of systems and solutions in the Nuclear and Defence sector. They seek a talented engineer who can fit into teams as well as show individual initiative within a professional, fair and mature working environment.
The job role:
Typically within the role, your details will include:
- Specification of system requirements and analysis,
- Software design (AutoCAD electrical)
- Discussing design in design meetings relating to aspects such as PLC / SCADA
- Implementation, preparation of test plans, participation in peer and formal reviews
- Coordinating / supporting the implementation and test of system software components.
- The role will be based within the office for approximately 90% of the time, with occasional paid travel to site when necessary.
You will be experienced in PLC or SCADA solutions and with a number of years' experience of undertaking software design & implementation for automation systems in an industrial and/or highly regulated environment. Full on-going training and development as well as on the job learning from shadowing more experienced engineers will to allow your knowledge to be used to meet the requirements and customer expectations within a highly regulated market.
Suitable applicants will have the following working experience:
* Experience of design and implementation of complex medium to large sized industrial automation systems.
* Experience of PLC, SCADA and/or Industrial Cyber Security Solutions.
* Experience in the use of Siemens system components and development tools.
The projects you will be working on include a range of solutions for the Nuclear and Defence industries, which are highly technical and innovative and offer unique and interesting challenges. Through site visits you will also be able to witness and monitor the integration of these systems within the plant environment.
Company benefits are very competitive and include:
* Company matched pension contributions
* 30 days holiday + bank holidays
* Private medical care (single)
* Child care vouchers
* Discounted gym membership
* Flexible working hours based on a 37.5 hour week
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and experienced software engineer to work in a challenging and cutting edge environment and receive invaluable expertise and career development.
Interested? Please contact Ben Pascall on 0161 707 1516 or email