£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client are seeking a Software Engineer to support Software Development projects based at their site in Reading.
The role is to take pre-existing GVA (Generic Vehicle Architecture) software modules and add additional functionally required for a specific vehicle.
This will involve writing hardware simulators for specific platform equipment, integrating with the other software elements then preparing for integration onto the vehicle. Additionally, system level testing to verify DOORS requirements will be required.
Software is developed in C++ for deployment on a mixture of Linux and Windows target platforms.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proven ability of UML modelling, ideally using IBM Rhapsody
- Create C++ modules with units tests using GoogleTest
- Design, development and test simulators used for software release
- Integration of complex systems
- Demonstrate software quality with static analysis tools preferably Klokwork or SonarQube
- Integration onto simulated military vehicles
- Writing and performing tests from DOORS requirements
- Integration with DDS middleware
- Integration with video streaming systems
- Some limited GUI development
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Significant OOD and C++ ability -
- Ability in unit testing with code coverage
- Ability in static analysis tools
We seek Software Engineers who have worked in a military/defence environment/industry within the last 12 months or who is capable of obtaining security clearance (SC level minimum).