£45.00 - £55.00 per hour
17 days ago
Application of a software engineering approach to undertake all tasks within a software development lifecycle. The role will be to support the development of software systems for above-water and underwater solutions, products and systems. The successful Software Engineer must be able to take Matlab and other code and produce computationally efficient C++ code that can be run real-time.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Full Lifecycle Software Engineering development, processes, and tools.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems
- Understanding of Open Systems Architectures and Principles.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality.
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas and work across domains, i.e. integration of equipment and software.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 and TickITplus standards.
- Understanding of software configuration management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good written skills, particularly technical report writing.
Ideally the candidate will be seasoned in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Combat Management Systems
- Inboard Processing Systems
- Autonomous Vehicles
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)