£50 - £55 per hour
3 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop quality software across a range of projects, operating systems and development environments, as well as providing support, leadership and guidance to the wider team.
- Project SW Engineering Manager/Team Lead
- Project SW Architect
- Project Systems Engineers
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Designing, coding, testing, configuring and supporting fully integrated software solutions that meet customer needs and our own high standards.
Working closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers and Architects to support the development and review of functional design specifications, high-level system architecture and interface designs.
Contributing to scrum teams, attending project reviews and ensuring we work to established software engineering processes and methodologies.
Supporting, encouraging and sharing knowledge with other team members.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
- Take pro-active ownership of all allocated tasks and their implications, delivering on time, within budget.
- Understand and adhere to design decisions
- Work with Technical Lead to ensure that all work produced is `designed to cost
- Adopt the agreed business processes
Skills & Experience
Significant Java/ C++ development experience, supported by strong design principles.
Previous experience in a senior role within a software development team, with a proven ability to deliver successful software under pressure
A deep understanding of configuration management, change control and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and a passion for producing clean code
In addition any of the following would be beneficial:
- Model Driven Engineering/UML
- Any of the following - Spring, Camel, JPA, Sencha
- Web services design and development
- Agile methodologies, i.e. SCRUM
- Continuous integration and automated test tools
- HCI design
- Military software development
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics.