North West England, England
£48 - £52 per hour
6 months ago
Our client delivers state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International Navies. Their systems are developed for a wide range of significant defence projects, including the Astute class submarines, Merlin helicopters, Type 23 frigates and the Hunt class mine countermeasures vessel.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop the next-generation of Sonar technologies, for which they are world-renowned.
You will be a key member of the Software Development team based at the Thales site in Manchester, and will have the opportunity to collaborate with Thales sites in the UK and overseas. Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Human Computer Interface, Acoustic processing and middleware products, using industry standard tools and methods.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Java 8 (preferably including JavaFX, Swing and JUnit)
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as a key member of the team
- Proven knowledge of DDS
- Proven knowledge of Git and Jira
- Proven knowledge of linux and shell scripts
- Awareness of automated testing
- Some ability of C++ or C advantageous
- Awareness of UML modelling
- A knowledge of Software architectures