Software Engineer - Java
We are partnered with Atlas Elektronik who are a leading Maritime and Defence company. They are on the lookout for a Software Engineer to work on groundbreaking military systems, particularly maritime systems.
I understand that a lot of people are very sceptical about the market, questioning whether now is the right time to look for a new role. I can provide confidence that a lot of markets have picked up in the last 4-5 months and the defence industry is one of the most stable industries. Atlas Elektronik are extremely busy and recruiting externally because of increased workload across the business.
We are on the lookout for a Software Engineer who has experience Java, ideally JavaFX. They also use C++ alongside it in this team, however, C++ is not needed but it would be nice to have.
This department works on the command control systems which is the underlying software for boats and submarines. The software they are producing is human interface software for data logging as well as developing software for autonomous vehicles to detect boats and to prevent collisions when an obstacle might be in the way. For anyone with an entrepreneurial mindset, Atlas Elektronik have an R&D department where anyone can put their own ideas forward to present to key stakeholders.
The reason Atlas Elektronik differentiate to other companies in their industry is that they embrace people with an entrepreneurial mindset, everyone influences projects, they have a variety of projects that you can be aligned too and there is plenty of room for career development.
- Working on maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software
- Command and Control Systems
- Acoustics / Sonar
- RF communications
- Autonomy, AI, Machine learning
- Data management
- Engagement modelling
- Software Safety (DEF STAN 00-56 & IEC 61508 or equivalent)
Technologies being used:
- Java / JavaFX / Netbeans
- C++ / Visual Studio
- Requirements management (DOORS)
- UML / Enterprise Architect for system design
- Purpose of job
- Application of a software engineering approach to undertake all tasks within a software development lifecycle.
- Unit Testing / JUnit / CppUnit
- HMI design and development
- Network protocols
- ISO 9001 and TickITplusstandards
- Usability Testing
- Agile software development