8 days ago
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - 6 months - Loudwater, High Wycombe
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
A contract Software Engineer is sought to provide embedded C\C++ software development, integration and optimisation expertise across projects utilising embedded microcontrollers and Linux single board computers.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for conducting Software Engineering activities throughout the complete lifecycle of a project.
- Development in accordance with company procedures and tools
- Documentation of tools, processes and designs
- Writing and running Test Specifications,
- Attending regular project, schedule and risk reviews with the project manager and Team Leader
- Provide project input to project progress reports and meetings, engineering estimates to complete and input to risk identification and mitigation.
- Supporting Systems Integration and fault investigation,
- Fault analysis and resolution
- Working within a team using Agile methodology
- Supporting Software Design Proving and supporting Acceptance Tests,
- Supporting Factory Acceptance Tests,
- Supporting Integration Tests,
Tasks will consist of one or more of the below items depending upon project priorities
- Integration, optimisation and enhancement of C code developed using Atmel Studio running on an ATxMega microcontroller
- Integration with peripherals via I2C, SPI, USB and UART
- Integration, optimisation and enhancement of C code and Python scripts running on a Linux Single Board computer
- Development of C++ code running under Linux interfacing with peripherals over UART and IP
- Defect resolution and testing of code developed using VXWorks
Work will be carried out in a combination of office and lab based environments. Occasional off site working at other client sites and customers sites may be required.