Software Developer - Software Engineer - Embedded systems - inside IR35 - C - Linux - Python - Jira - home based.
Excellent opportunity to work for a market leading organisation. There is the option to work mainly from home if preferred or alternatively in London or Suffolk
Skills and experience required include the following:
* Demonstrable experience in software design and development, using the C programming language, ideally on embedded systems
* Experience developing and debugging in a Linux environment
* Strong scripting skills, e.g. bash, Python
* Experience in building and debugging software for embedded systems development, with demonstrable experience of shell scripting, debugging tools, e.g. gdb.
* Use of code revision, issue tracking and continuous integration tools, e.g. git, Jira, Gitlab
* Understanding of the hardware and software constraints related to developing home gateways or similar consumer electronic systems
* Must have experience of working with Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban iterative planning and task estimation
* Experience of building products using OpenWRT or similar
* Experience in Linux kernel and driver development is preferred.
* Collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving
* Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Test Driven Development
* Exposure to, and understanding of drivers behind automated test strategies
* Working to ambitious timescales