Up to £48.23 per hour
4 months ago
A real-time embedded software engineer is required to support several product development streams. You will work as part of a multi-disciplined team applying your knowledge of embedded software engineering, targeting Xilinx System on Chip technologies.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
Degree level in relevant discipline and/or relevant experience in a software development environment.
* Expert knowledge of C, Modern C++ and OO design principles.
* Experience of developing software products under Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms (eg Xilinx SoC, MPSOC and RF SoC)
* Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
* Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development.
* Understanding SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing.
* Proficient and confident with Version Control Systems including GIT.
Knowledge and Competencies
* Recent demonstrable experience Real Time Embedded SoC Software Development.
* Demonstrable experience in all areas of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through to integration and delivery.
* Proven track record in schedule adherence and performance/quality.
* Defence / EW business domain experience.
* Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
Key responsibility areas:
* Specification, design, coding and testing of complex real-time embedded software targeting Xilinx SoC technology
* Function as part of a team including support, development, peer reviews, etc.
* Maintain schedule adherence with specific focus on cost, quality and delivery to time.
* Reporting of progress, highlighting risks, opportunities and dependencies.
Intrinsic job factors
* Strong Technical focus.
* Able to integrate and work well within a team / flexible team player.
* Good communicator with good interpersonal skills.
* Able to work with minimum of supervision on complex tasks.