€350.00 - €380.00 per day
8 months ago
Software Engineer - Data Scientist - Ispra, Italy - 6 month contract
Morson International are working with a global software house who are looking for a software engineer to join their team in Ispra, Italy. This is an initial 6 month contract with a strong chance of it being extended again. The projects are exciting, the work is fast paced and the team is very forward thinking.
The Data Scientist will be involved in:
* Development of dynamic interactive web based software for multi-criteria analysis
* Technical leadership of software engineering and product development efforts
* Responsible for day to day product operations, support and development
* Design, development, tests, documentation, maintenance and technical support of infrastructure software components and services matching the specifications
* Convert product development roadmap and features into high level technical design and architecture
* Development and integration of technological components
* Implementation of user requirements
* Develop dynamic interactive web based software for multi-criteria analysis
* Production of technical documentation
* Participation in meetings
The successful Software Engineer will have:
* Master's and Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent, minimum 5 years of studies after secondary school
* Minimum 9 years of professional experience in IT sector
* Experience in Software Development
* Experience in object Oriented Design and/or Database modeling/design
* Ability to apply programming skills to wide-ranging tasks from analyzing data to building user interfaces.
* Proficiency working with SQL and NoSQL databases, DBMS, PostgreSQL, Oracle DBMS
* Experience with common application platforms and messaging technologies, including Apache/Tomcat, IIS etc
* Highly proficient in data analysis via programming in Matlab
* Experience designing and developing web based interactive visualization interfaces for multi-criteria analysis
* Knowledge and understanding of data visualisation techniques and tools (such as D3) would considered as an asset
* Very good knowledge of English, oral and written.
This is a great opportunity for a Software Engineer Data Scientist to join a thriving company and to work on exciting projects in the meantime. You will be working with the latest technologies and will be working in a social team. If you are interested, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.