£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
17 days ago
The role will undertake a full range of engineering activities in line with relevant processes, quality and other requirements, supplying specialist advice and support across projects, other business units and customers as appropriate. This role will take on development of updates to the current portfolio of Mission Planning systems and the development of major new products. The role will include integration with 3rd party products and potential exposure and working with end customers to define requirements and capabilities taking place on representative and final deliverable target hardware.
- The Design and Development of software for Mission Planning Applications.
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities.
- Production of appropriate technical documentation.
- Generation and management of requirements.
- Design, Code and Test of technical solutions.
- You may also be required to resolve internal and customer reported issues.
Key Skills & Ability:
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle, from requirements & design through to requirements tracing and delivery.
- An understanding of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), experience of development tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Desktop-based applications (Java/C#/C++ with Eclipse RCP).
- Windows target environments
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Object-oriented design/development including UML