£42.00 - £50.00 per hour
6 days ago
Developing software in C++ / Modern C++ for applications such as thermal imagers, laser range finding, digital cameras, image processing and distributed systems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Application development Software in C++ / Modern C++.
- Object Orientated software development and the use of design patterns (UML).
- SOLID software development principles.
- Ability with a range of OSs, platforms and of the hardware/software interface
- Ability in a range of development environments
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of requirements management and associated tools (DOORS).
- Scripting languages (eg. Shell, Python, Perl or Ruby)
- Developing communications protocols (RS232, RS485, Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with agile development and CI/CD practices
- Testing software to high levels of integrity and coverage, using both static and dynamic testing.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: IDEALLY WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)