SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CONTRACT 6 MONTHS - NEWPORT South Wales
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements by -
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown.
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation.
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists).
- Integration of software onto the target platform.
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- C++ Full Lifecycle Software Development.
- Software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment.
- Proven stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML.
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#.
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework.
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Must understand requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Track record of working in a lead role.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Full project lifecycle.
- Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS).
- Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP).
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems.
- Formal software configuration management
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK SEVERAL C++ SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)