Up to £44 per hour
9 days ago
Software Engineers are required to support the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems (ATSS) Software Development Team currently develop simulation products in support of aircrew training. Utilising Agile Development Processes and Techniques, the work will typically involve production of software design and code through to integration testing and support.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of software engineers developing simulations written in Ada and C++.
The successful candidate will ideally possess a number of the following skills;
- Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools/techniques.
- Familiarity with UML, Artisan or similar software design tools/methodologies.
- Knowledge of a High Level Programming Language e.g. Ada, C, C++
- Knowledge of Software Development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT), Visual Studio.
- Experience of Microsoft Office
Previous experience of fast jet avionic software design or experience of software development for flight simulators, would be beneficial.
- Work effectively as a team member to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of Aircrew Training Simulation Systems related product deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
The successful candidate will have a degree, HND or equivalent and experience in a relevant Engineering discipline.
Knowledge of high-level programming languages - Ada, C, C++.
Knowledge of Software development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT), Visual Studio