Up to £44.00 per hour
7 months ago
A Software Engineer is required to support a team delivering simulation software representing one or more Fast Jet subsystems.
The candidate will have proven ability of the full software development lifecycle employing majority of the skills listed below:
- Avionics Knowledge, Ground Based Systems Knowledge
- Software Engineering in ADA & C++
- Requirements capture and traceability e.g. DOORS
- Software designs using an appropriate design tool/methodology e.g UML, Artisan etc.
- Programming in Ada and of related software development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT)
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes, MIL-STD-498 and LCM (Lifecycle Management) would be advantageous
- Using configuration control tools such as Dimensions or Rational Clearcase.
- Good communication skills will be required in order to liaise efficiently with the customer and aircraft design teams with regard to perceived problems/accuracy of the supplied product.
- Good analytical skills will also be required to analyse high level requirements from a variety of sources and produce maintainable software design, code and test documentation.
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word,
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Communication, Team Working and motivational Skills. Able to perform under pressure
- Work effectively as a Team member within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Air and Ground Training Quality Management System.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of Air and Ground Training related product deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
There may occasionally be a requirement to travel and work in Germany for short periods. There may also be a requirement for short periods of time to be spent working at customer sites. Shift working may also be required during integration testing of the simulator.