Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50 - £52 per hour
21 days ago
As a Software Engineer, you will develop the next-generation of Sonar technologies. You will be a key member of the Software Development team based in South Manchester.
Key responsibilities will include the design, implementation and test of Human Computer Interface, Acoustic processing and middleware products, using industry standard tools and methods. The Software Development is done using Java and an Agile methodology.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Software development in Java 8 (preferably including JavaFX, Swing and JUnit)
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as a key member of the team
- Proven knowledge of DDS
- Proven knowledge of Git and Jira
- Proven knowledge of Linux and shell scripts
- Awareness of automated testing
- Some ability of C++ or C advantageous
- Awareness of UML modelling
- A knowledge of Software architectures
You should have the ability to work well within a team and to obtain co-operation and lead change. You will be self-motivated, with the ability to see innovative solutions to problems and the enthusiasm to drive them to a successful conclusion.