6 months ago
Purpose of the Job
An experienced software engineer is sought to be join our multi-disciplined engineering team at City Technology Poole contributing to the definition, design, development and support of production software including data collection and supporting systems. The successful applicant will have proven software engineering experience and be able to work independently or as part of a project team with minimal supervision.
1. Be able to communicate with customers/stakeholders as the lead on major software projects, to discuss requirements and functionality and resolve issues.
2. Development of software application modules using disciplined software development processes.
3. Aiding in the preparation of status updates for projects.
4. Coordinate with the rest of the development team and other cross-discipline teams to ensure the successful delivery of software projects.
5. Provide regular reports to the Head of department, escalating issues and risks in a timely manner
6. Research new and emerging technologies when appropriate and report on findings. Provide advice and leadership on development best practices to the existing team.
7. Manage software source control and documentation, support disaster recovery plans.