Up to £0.00 per hour + NEGOTIABLE
about 1 month ago
The initial task is to support a Data Acquisition and Analysis suite of products used in an Open Sea Range for signature analysis of vessels. This will include work, using Windows and C++, to update interfaces between products and update components to a larger sensor array, as part of a major upgrade to an existing product range. Subsequent tasks within the Sonar focussed team will involve development and optimisation of acoustic processing software to localise and identify threats in the water from torpedoes to submarines.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver allocated tasks to timescale/budget and in accordance with the company's processes and procedures.
- Communicate well within the team and with other disciplines (systems, analysts, tests).
- Working within an Agile environment contributing to daily scrums and backlog estimating.
- Requirements Analysis, Design, Implementation and test of software modules.
- Documentation of software design, software tests and software releases.
- Bug resolution utilising approved workflows to support controlled change.
- Development and documentation of the Software Design, through Software Design and Interface Specifications.
- Software\Hardware integration and debugging.
- Fault analysis and resolution.
- Software Design Proving and supporting Acceptance Tests.
- Provide project input to project progress reports and meetings, engineering estimates to complete and input to risk identification and mitigation.
- Estimating and bid support.
- Support process improvement initiatives in the area of agile development and continuous integration.
- All tasks must be carried out to the highest standard with attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- 5 or more years of software development experience in OOD and C++.
- Proven ability with various toolsets for Windows (Visual Studio).
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Human Computer graphical user Interface development.
- Working in an Agile development environment
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of VB and C#.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)