£400.00 - £500.00 per day
4 months ago
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown, preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation, generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design, controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists), integration of software onto the target platform, providing software technical support. Key Skills are Embedded C, C++ and Real Time Systems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proficient in real-time software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++.
- Familiar with pertinent design and architectural patterns.
- Object oriented analysis, design and development designed using UML.
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Track record of working in a lead role.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Full project lifecycle.
- Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS).
- Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Cryptographic techniques and their application in products / systems.
- SQL database interfacing/design
- Software configuration management
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)