Up to £47.00 per hour
8 months ago
Location: Yeovil, UK | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: £47.00 per hour (Ltd)
A vacancy exists within a multinational aerospace, security, and defence company for a Software Engineer to apply developed skill in the implementation of technical solutions, specifically, their testing and verification. The role holder will also be required to assist in the diagnosis and identification of solutions to any issues detected.
- Understanding approved technical designs,
- Developing software solutions in line with the approved technical designs,
- Accurately reporting on own progress,
- Completing work to a high standard and within estimates,
- Supporting System Test Activities.
The role holder should demonstrate:
- A reasonable understanding of the software development life-cycle, from design through to test.
- A working knowledge of software development processes (eg design, coding, unit testing and configuration), and development tools (eg code editors, source code control, defect reporting systems).
- Proven ability with project specific tools and processes such as DOORS and Enterprise Architect.
Knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Data-link processing from a software implementation perspective is desirable.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).