£0.00 - £42.50 per hour
3 months ago
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £42.50 per hour Ltd
A vacancy exists within a team responsible for the Displays and Controls, Integrated Monitoring and Recording System and Defensive Aids Subsystems of a fast-jet's Synthetic Training System software. The current programme covers two sets of upgrades: The first is entering its final stages of release to end customers and will require support and defect resolution, and the second release is in the initial concept phase with requirements definition and capture; after which it will enter a development and release phase lasting approximately 18 months.
The Software Engineer will report to the Project Manager (PM), and will be responsible in conjunction with the other engineers for software updates and testing of the above subsystems. This also includes maintenance of test artefacts and the test environment.
This role is based in Yeovil although some travel will be required to Warton and a related facility in Manching, Germany for full systems integration with other software and hardware components. This will be required, sometimes, at short notice.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Technically understand the requirements/design and be responsible for code and test script updates within allocated time and budget.
- Be able to provide support to integration activities in Manching sometimes at short notice. Liaise directly with other teams including the integration team in Manching to expedite any issues raised.
- Liaise with other team members to ensure workshare between the team is balanced.
- Support Project Design Reviews as required.
- Technically support any future projects bid work.
- Provide project data to the project manager to help produce and maintain a metrics pack for the project.
- Support the project Design Authority during the Design Certification process and any other project audits as necessary.
- Additional project related technical tasks requested by the PM.
- C++, ADA, scripting languages.
- Strong testing background.
- Fast-jet Simulator/Synthetic Training Systems experience.
- Aircraft/Simulation systems related to Displays and Controls, DASS, IMRS, NAV or other fast jet systems.
- Ability and desire to understand technical requirements at system and subsystem level.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).