Up to £350.00 per day
3 months ago
A Software Engineer is required on a contract basis. Reporting into head of product engineering and Project software team lead.
The Software engineer is responsible to the head of product engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo software work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Cointegration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY:
- Embedded software Engineer
- Linux Software development
- Strong knowledge of networking standards
- Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous.
- Software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment.
- Familiar with process driven software development
- Full project lifecycle
- Able to work on their own but provide regular reporting
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Highly self-motivated, articulate and good written and verbal comms skills.
- Good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Requirements management
- Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Using one or more of the following tools; Eclipse, GCC. GIT, SVM.